As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links where I will earn a small commission.
I can cook, kinda
Not going to pretend that I can cook. Literally cannot make up a recipe in my head and just run with it- nope, not here, not I!! I have to use recipes… for everything!! I have made guacamole hundreds of times but I never make it without my trusty recipe card. I am THAT girl! Below I will show you a few really, really, kinda, good recipes!! I say this because I always have to modify them in some way but these recipes are legit without my changes. You will enjoy them better!!
I have a binder, and I should say I have been doing this since college, so for over twenty years- yes, I said twenty years since college (let’s not judge), I have kept a binder of recipes. It gets cleaned out every several years to get rid of recipes I haven’t made or don’t like or am out of the food phase. (I hate saying diet!). Anyway, for this new chapter in my life, psuedo– vegetarian, post cancer and living with UC, I have changed my food goals quite a bit.
There is also a husband now that has to have all meals made and a son going through the weird food phase. And when I say all meals made, I literally mean ALL meals made. Oh and snacks too!! My son used to be an amazing eater. He has tried food I will never put in my mouth (my mother-in-law is an awesome Russian cook) but now all he wants in life is to play. So, I need to be creative when he eats.
I DO NOT come up with any new recipes of my own. Pinterest is used a LOT, I have several cooking magazines, books and then I ask people at work- but I make sure they write them out for me. Ha
Hence, any recipes you see on my blog will never come from my brain. Like, literally, will never be my own. I am owning this and going to run with this as long as I have this blog. All of my Pinterest ideas will NOT be mine. I will copy and paste and give someone credit in a heart beat. I may show my own pics but mainly I will use someone else’s...
Why reinvent the wheel! Besides there are so many amazing cooks out there I love giving credit to someone who actually knows what they are doing.
I won’t bore you with my lack of skills so I will just add a few links with a brief description of why I like these recipes.
- Zucchini Banana Muffins with Chocolate Chips (by www.meatloafandmelodrama.com) The top picture is of these oh-so-amazing-melt-in-your-mouth-muffins. And my 3 year old will eat them!! I use Enjoy Life chocolate chips (they are amazing and soy-free which I love)!! I want to try these with almond flour and coconut flour next – will keep you updated.
- Perfect Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies (by www.texanerin.com) I wish I took pictures of these awesome cookies but I ate most of them right from the oven so it was a no-go…but next time ha! Oh and my 3 year old loves these!! Again, I use Enjoy Life chocolate chips. You just cannot beat the taste. These truly are a really good tasting cookie. I am not sure if I have said this before but I love cookies!! May see more of these type of recipes throughout.
- Traditional German Schnitzel (Schweineschnitzel) (by www.daringgourmet.com) My husband loves this meal! The key here is to POUND the pork! Yes, this is from experience. You truly need to get it nice and to 1/4 inch thickness. This will cook better and taste overall better. Also, last tip here, do exactly what the recipe says – make sure the oil is nice and hot and do not let the coating sit on the pork it will not fry well. Again, this is from experience.
- Ground turkey, potatoes and salsa. (This is from the Transformation App – I believe the only way to get this recipe is by joining and subscribing to the app. But, I will say this is an amazing app and will help you in more ways than one to eat, lose weight and find the perfect workout to fit your needs. For the recipe: get a sweet potato (you can use a russet if you prefer), I meal prep ground turkey so it is easy to grab and make recipes – I use 5 oz of ground turkey, then I use 2 tablespoons of salsa on top. Literally that is all – but filling, tasty and a good high carb meal option.
- Mashed potatoes (by www.garlicandsalt-tiffany-blogspot.com) I know this sounds easy to make (remember I need recipes for everything) but I love how she shows you how to do everything. The pictures are great and she gives you some options for the dairy – nice to change up or use what you have on hand. Another great recipe and side.
- Chicken Marsala Lite (by Good Housekeeping March 2018) This is another favorite of my husbands and really easy to make. As a side note, I love this magazine and their easy 20-minute meals! I have never used Marsala wine, have used white wine and it tasted just fine. I also pound the chicken for this just because it makes cooking so much easier and quicker.
More and more and more recipes
I will be adding a lot of recipes on my Pinterest account that I may not always blog about. Definitely check out my boards for other recipes, I also pin my favorite wines and books, books about wine and wine while reading books. I think you get the idea.
And please, please, please let me know if I did not give someone credit that deserves credit. It is never my intention to not show some food love. And I will never post anything someone does not want me too – please just let me know and I will remove any post. I am serious when I say that I am recipe challenged – so I will only post food recipes from other people. I have to be honest here! Also, I will show recipes that are great for meat-eaters, vegetarians, IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) and others.
Thanks for cooking with me. Until next time.
Blessings, mandy k